Heading to the Keep
We try to show the guards of the speaker that we are trying to help heal him.
- The guards are turn us away but is stop by one of the guards. Eugene is the one they are looking for.
- We are allowed entry to see Kadroth
Kadroth (Tiefling) is wearing an amulet and a clock with the symbol Levistus. The amulets are made of chardalyn. (Knights of the Black Sword)
- Kadroth believes that our paths are aligned. Believes that the Duergar are being controlled by Asmodeus. Wanting to keep the Duergar from destroying the 10 towns.
- Kadroth seems to know a lot about Eugene.
- Osmund pulls the head of the Duergar head from the bag of holding.
- Eugene helped destroy a cult in Waterdeep?!? He is on the run from the cult for exposing cult practices.
- Hethyl (soothsayer) may have some interesting information.
- Xardorok Sunblight wants to destroy the 10 Towns. Has a forge in the spine of the world that is powered by a heart of a red dragon.
- “if you face Xardorok to soon, you may perish he is stronger than anything you have faced before” she then coughs up blood and dies
The Wet Trout
Meeting Scython in town. We show him the letter we found from the Duergar. Going to check out his ferry.
- Brundt notices 3 sets of dwarven boot prints on the deck of the ferry.
- Checking out the boat Tonlute is stabbed by a Duergar. We found a map of the spine of the world that shows the Duergar fortress (Sunblight marked on the map)
- As we are leaving the boat 3 Duergar approach our location. Battle ensues and we are victorious!
We decide to head further into the dungeon
- We chopped of the head Duergar (Neldar) for proof
- As we walk in there are confronted by Skeletons being controlled by myconids. (roll initiative)
- The ceils have rusted shackles and nothing at all
- Eisen looks out the bars but nothing is coming
- Brundt used his boomerang to kill the last of the zombies and yelled:
Down the hall there is a square room with 4 separate rooms. We investigate and find:
- 3 daggers
- Navigator tools
- Woodcarving tools
- 25 pearls (carved)
- 75 Silver
- Potion of Healing
- Fishing tackle
Attempt #2 for long rest….
- We covered the well with the dead zombies that we just defeated
- Tonlute uses a ritual to cast alarm on one of the doors.
- We are finally able to get a goodnights rest
Heading back to Caer-Konig
- We arrive around lunch looking for Trovus on the way to The Northern Light”
- Reward: Ale on the house and free room and board.
- The beads might belong to the curator (Atenas) of the Frozen Outfitters.
- A family heirloom and very happy to get them back
- Woodcarving tools: 1 G
Navigators tools: 5 G
A Stop in Caer-Dineval
- On our way into town we stopped a townsfolk who let us know that the tavern was boarded up and the speaker has been sick.
We have found ourselves at a Duergar Fortress
Osmund used invisibility to try to scout out the fortress, but his footprints were spotted in the snow. He tried using his grey bag of tricks as a distraction.
- Osmund (rolled a 2) pulled out a giant rat.
- The Duergar guard immediately took a shot at the rat.
There is a tunnel with a frozen stream. We are going to try to take a long rest.
- Tonlute created 2 small rocks (1 light & 1 voice)
- Eisen threw the rocks in the opposite direction of the cave to cause a distraction
- We were able to get successfully into the cave.
Long Rest (Unsuccessful)
The cave is very dark and tight. We are having to crouch. In the middle of the cave in the ceiling there is a well that is bricked up about 25 feet (ca. 8 m).
- We can use climbing gear to get up the well.
- Tonlute set up Alarm for the back of the cave.
- We are about to try to sleep in the cave. We were spotted.
- One Duergar found us as we are trying to sleep, we were able to dispatch him, but he alarmed the rest of the Duergar fortress.
- They have a Zombie ogre in a cage
Up the well
Well climbing order (Eisen, Brundt, Eugene, Osmund, Tonlute)
- Eisen was able to catch 1 Duergar and the Zombie ogre off guard with his breath weapon.
- Brundt recklessly attacked
- Eugene Scared Flame & Spiritual Weapon
- Osmund used Faerie Fire
- Tonlute used Tasha’s Caustic Brew on all 3 enemies and was able to cover the 2 Duergar in acid
We were able to dispatch 2 Duergar and the Zombie Ogre.
Entered a store room and found:
- 2 Scale-mail suits of armor sized for dwarves
- 2 steel shields
- 3 war picks
- 9 javelins
- 2 climbers kits
- 2 mess kits
The long Room
2 large Duergar in Scale mail in the back of the room
After dispatching the first Duergar, the second one lowered the portcullis gates, splitting Brundt from the rest of the party
- Brundt with a savage critical hit was able to kill the Duergar. The Duergar with his dying breath uttered:
- “Your Doom Soars on Dragon’s Wings”
- Brundt was able to raise the gates with the same lever
The orb we found is ‘The Northern Orb’ that we are looking for, with a note that reads:
Our DM wrote a song about our escapades of the previous session. It is a wonderfully excellent portrayal of the events.